Sunday, March 7, 2010

MANTRA

I played for a baptism yesterday. Kinda odd that I agreed to play because I rather do weddings. But, somehow, I said yes, and I got more in return!

In the baptismal promises, there is this question posed to us whether we choose to be mastered by sin. Obviously, the answer was that we rejected Satan, and all his works and all his empty promises. But somehow, the phrase about being mastered by sin hit me in an unusual way.

Later that evening, I received an SMS from a Catholic friend. The SMS contained a mantra inviting me to recite "I want to huat (make money and prosper in Hokkien)". Apparently, repeating this mantra, and sending it to 12 people promises instant wealth in the next 12 hours. I was, of course, disappointed that my Catholic friend chose to believe in such garbage, but I somehow instantly connected with the phrase about being mastered by sin, and it was revealed to me that this mantra - I REFUSE TO BE MASTERED BY SIN is a powerful weapon against temptation.

I decided to test it out while driving. I always lose my temper when I drive because there are just so many bad and inconsiderate drivers. This time, though, I prayed for patience, and repeated the mantra - I REFUSE TO BE MASTERED BY SIN.

I testify it is one of the most profound, powerful, peaceful and prayerful mantras I ever came up with. I never once lost my temper! I even gave way! Who would have thought I would have discovered a mantra this way.

While I was a child condemned to hell for my sinfulness, I became a witness of God's mercy and love, even through a mantra like this.

LOVING AND FORGIVING ARE YOU, O LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment