Monday, February 15, 2010

GIVING UP FOR LENT

Wanted to shave my head for Lent this year, but my wife talked me out of it. She had her point.

First of all, I don't care what I look like when I go to work, nor do I keep a very neat hairstyle anyway, so having no vanity does not serve its purpose. Besides, all I would do (if shaved my head) is attract unwanted attention.

Secondly, she made me realise that giving up for Lent is from the heart; something that you really want to give up, and do it in secret. Perhaps for me, I would have to abstain from fried oyster and hokkien mee. Sigh. Tough one. So my friends, lead me not into temptation!

After all the feasting (and one more day of majong and what not), can't wait to settle into Lent. It's time to take the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment